Saturday, March 20, 2010

*Defying Gravity*

I'm inspired by music. Broadway musicals. Heartfelt classical. Hardcore rock. Dancing retro-pop. Spunky hip-hop. The Veronicas. Les Miserables. Josh Groban. Heart. Paramore. Celine Dion. Rhianna. Jenny-lyn. ♥

Music just rocks and can be the hydrogen in the air that I breathe.

And now....the beautiful song from Wicked. I haven't seen the musical yet - but I *WANT* to so badly! Matt, please take me when it comes into town? Pretty please? With sugar on it?? Defying Gravity should touch every one of us if we have a dream. A dream that we are willing to work hard to obtain and to become successful at. This song should inspire us to keep pushing forward when others are pushing us down. Sometimes you need to defy gravity and believe in yourself enough to accomplish goals when it might seem impossible. Define your skills and grow! Know that you are the only one who can push yourself to be good at what you love and to be successful at it. Trust that the Lord is in control and has given you talents and gifts! Rest in His sovereignty and live with joyful passion reflecting and giving Him the ultimate glory!

Enjoy the lyrics to my new inspiration. :)

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes and leap

It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down...

I'm through accepting limits
'Cuz someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But 'till I try, I'll never know
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love - I guess I have lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost

I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment~ I'd love to hear your thoughts!