Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Jasmine Star's Photography Workshop 2.16.10

Hi Friends & Family!

I'm so excited to tell you about a wonderful experience that Matt and I had yesterday! We were asked to be a couple model for a FANTASTIC international wedding photographer based in Orange County - Jasmine Star. She hosts these photography workshops (all around the world I might add) - where she teaches you (the photographer) everything about the business, how to work with your bridal parties, using natural lighting instead of equipment, etc. She's PHENOMENAL! Jasmine has the best personality - you feel like you are best friends and have been since childhood. So.....Matt and I were all dolled up and posed for about 25 cameras. It felt like the paparazzi! It was very intimidating at first - so not used to that - but it definitely became so much fun! All of the photographers there that took a seat in her workshop were SO NICE and I hope that we will see each other some day! I feel like I made some wonderful friends yesterday. :)


I was all dolled up- make-up and hair: by All Made Up Team -Vivian Tran. Oh my goodness are they TALENTED! It was so nice to be the one getting all treated and not the other way around. So fun to be a girl! :) http://www.allmadeupteam.com/ I can't wait until Jasmine posts her blog about yesterday (I will share a link as soon as it's posted) so you can see my Audrey Hepburn inspired look. So epic!

I wore a FABULOUS hand-made, exquisite, couture wedding dress designed and made by Joan Shum. She was so interesting and I'm so thankful that I was able to talk to her and get to know her and wear her amazing work! The dress made me feel so spectacular and super glamorous. http://www.joanshum.com/Welcome.html http://www.etsy.com/shop/joanshum

I also was able to wear these gorgeous jewelry pieces that are designed and handmade by Naoki. I felt so special and so beautiful being able to wear her pieces. She is so creative and super nice! I'm very blessed to have met her! http://www.noakijewelry.com/ http://www.etsy.com/shop/noaki

And lastly, I got to hold the most beautiful bouquet (sitting right in front of me as I type this - intoxicating me with it's beautiful aromas) made by the talented Kristin Brancaleone, owner of The Treasured Petal. The flowers were seriously amazing and so unique that it was absolutely stunning. She is super talented! And I just love her to pieces!!! http://www.thetreasuredpetal.com/ http://thetreasuredpetal.wordpress.com/

If any of you out there that are photographers, I would highly suggest that you try to attend one of these workshops. I can't imagine how much you can learn from Jasmine and the possibilities that come from it! It would definitely be worth it.



I hope your day is filled with smiles & wonderful blessings!

Jodi

4 comments:

  1. You were BEAUTIFUL yesterday. I only blogged one photo last night but there are many more to come. Thank you again for being our model! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics are amazing and you look so beautiful! but i wanna learn how they got ur hair like that! ily friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! It was so lovely to meet you two :) Take care and hope we run into each other again soon!
    Noaki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Molly! I can't wait to work with you again!!! You're pictures are absolutely beautiful - another one of my favorites!

    I love my Gabster! ♥

    Noaki! It was *awesome* meeting you and being able to wear your beautiful artistic jewelry pieces was such an honor! I hope we run into each other soon too! :) Let me know if you need a model for anything.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment~ I'd love to hear your thoughts!